Sunday 7 September 2008

The Smoke On The Water

This mahem all occured when i was hunting round reading festival ironically looking for attractions that were on fire (tents and tarpoolings). Im talking about the night my boat called "Road legal" was cut away from its moorings and lit up like birthday cake with a canopy and ratty engine.

This was no acciedent, was it buffalo, set on fire by no less than some great people who clearly have mums in their early twentys and 4 or mores ASBOS and as for G.C.S.E's. they proberly cant even spell G.C.S.E

Turns out i was one of the last to know, Olly the guitarist of my band and best friend and his lovely lady friends Kate and Joanne heard it on the radio, insane, it was in local papers, like the Bucks Free Press and Maidenhead advertiser.

Amazingly that night another six boats were let go! And a concrete bench uprooted and thrown in the river! and to top of this incedible night of carnage they had the minerals to go into someone's drive take a car of the handbrake and send that to a watery grave aswell.

So gone are the days of trips to subway in marlow and Henly regatta, sleepovers and genral trips to swim at cookham weir. Yes the boat that once cost me two thousands pounds (The money that i gained from the death of a family friend) is now in my back garden in 6 pieces, the only bit i recognise is the name painted on the back used with a suspect template made by my dearest father Paul.

So heres to you Road legal and the fire fighters that put out my own little smoke on the water before it hurt anyone. Sorry i wasn't there to go down with the ship

:D

1 comment:

Chlomabey said...

Awwh Joshy thats really cute :) I like your blogs :)
come and take Katie she is bugging me with her constant moan of I miss my Joshy.
xox.

Followers OF