Sunday 26 April 2009

The Trip To Tutcher

It was an epic kinda "Lord Of The Rings" three part sage sort of thing, know what im saying. Less danger and more stupidity was involved in this what can only be described as a cock-up of sky-scraping proportion's.


I have just left Exeter from seeing my girlfriend Katie-Jane, next step was on the train to Dorchester. So it turns out that i was so taken by what i wasn't doing that i actually forgot to focus on what i should be doing. I should have been getting off at the right stop. But after the nice fake lady on the sound system started to vocal places I've never even heard of, well i got worried.

I rushed down the carriages dodging prams, suitcases laptop's and sexually frustrated businessmen. I found Mike, the train operator, he told me to get off at Newbury. This now made my journey and hour longer than i wanted. Next stop Newbury.......yay???

Newbury instantly reminded me of the town from Shaun of the Dead, just local people who despise outsiders, politics and putting their train station anywhere near the main town, kinda like red-necks, i walked 2 miles to get to a dodgy Chinese shop for badly cooked chips. I continued my walk back to the station still with a heavy holdall on my back and a half hour wait to get to Dorchester.

Newbury has one nice thing about it, a super pretty lake which at night looks like it carry's on for miles, apart from that, not much else.

After my train journey to Dorchester i arrived at the station, when i got of the train there was nothing running to Bournemouth, i quickly spotted a local and asked "How do i get to bournemouth"? He replied to me and said "Dorchester has two stations, go to the other one across town". My first thought was "fuck off Dorchester has two station's". I glanced at my watch, bugger me, 11 o'clock already, i better trust his directions, off i ran across town over a playing field like the man said and i then saw it, in all its flickering street light lit beauty, my haven to bournemouth, on i ran, nearly getting hit by a taxi or two parked outside, the main entrance wasn't open, round the side i go, i get in its 11:09, my train left at 11:07, "shit" i said to myself through panting breathes, i look at the timetable, no more trains until 4 in the morning.

Do I get a hotel? Do I sleep at the station? Or is it worth asking the taxi man that nearly took my life how much a taxi is? I ring Katie the "Holy Grail" of all that is sensible. She says get a taxi, A man asks if I'm alright, he's a taxi driver, as English as they come, His names Luke and tells me its a long way, and they don't really drive that far, "how much?" i ask, he radio's his boss, £50 the crackling handset confirms, "ill pay it" he drives me to a cash point and we talk. He deserves for me to hear about him just for getting me to Olly's safe, he turns out to be a music producer and we talk for the whole journey about a whole host of things we have in common, after driving around for a while i get to Olly's, nightmare over and a killer day, all on the trip to Tutcher

No comments:

Followers OF